An anonymous webcam model did a Reddit AMA where users asked her every question you’ve ever wished you could ask a webcam girl (and others you probably wouldn’t think to ask ever). Here are the most surprising answers.
1. Yes, they work even when they have their periods. This model says she fortunately has “the world’s shortest, lightest periods” so she just chooses to do shows that don’t require her to remove her underwear while wearing a tampon and then occasionally takes a day off if she feels like it. Makes sense.
2. No one ever comes up to them on the street and says, “Hey, I saw you naked.” While it’s totally possible they do recognize her and just don’t run up to her for autographs, she says she’s never been recognized on the street. She says that if she ever was, she’d just “ask then [ sic] how hard they came and if i’ll be seeing them as one of my regulars,” which is just good business sense.
3. They work a lot less often than most Americans with minimum-wage, full-time jobs. When asked how many cam shows she’d have to do to make roughly minimum wage at 40 hours a week, she said, “assuming I work with a figure of $10 an hour 40hrs/week, this would work out at roughly 4 shows for me.” Granted, minimum wage in America is $7.25 per hour, which is a far cry from $10, but that’s still a hell of a lot better than a 40-hour work week.
4. Female cam models get a lot more money than male cam models (duh). Unless of course you want to do shows for gay men, which she says a lot of straight male cam models find “strange,” probably because those guys assumed they’d be models for women. Uh, nope. Women already have plenty of dick pics, thanks.
5. A lot of their clients are really freaking mean for no reason. The downside to raking in that sweet cash is that a lot of people can be really mean for no reason. She says a lot of guys can’t even sit there and watch her without saying mean things to her, and many of them don’t tip either. Granted, that happens in minimum-wage jobs too, but I’m guessing what guys say to her is probably way worse than what people say to fast-food employees.
6. Some guys they date are actually really understanding of their profession. While odds are that she has exes who weren’t totally cool with it, she says she’s dated men who have been “incredibly supportive and understanding” once she was honest about what was happening. “I explained, ‘No one is touching me. I set my boundaries. I will never meet these people. I don’t know their names, where they live, or what they look like. I do only what I want, when I want, how I want to, at the touch of my own hand. I end anything if I feel weird.'” Once they had that chat, she says it wasn’t an issue, which is awesome.
Their loved ones definitely know this is what they’re doing for a living
7. No, this isn’t what they want to do forever. Granted, there might be some cam models who want to do this for life, but she says that’s not the case for her. She finished her degree while being a cam girl and was also accepted into grad school. Camming helped her pay her bills so she didn’t need to take out a loan, but she says “I realise [ sic] I wont be in my twenties forever. I’ll need to work a ‘real’ job. And I will 🙂 Wearing clothes!”
8. She says a few of her friends know about her job and are “kind and understanding and have a sense of humour [ sic] about it.” She hasn’t told her parents because they’re not https://hookupdate.net/escort-index/springfield-2/ very close, but they’re liberal enough that if they found out, she doesn’t think they would mind.
If anything, she says the job made her realize “the importance of boundaries, expressing what you like, and really allowing yourself to feel comfortable and free to enjoy sex
9. When it gets weird, it gets really weird. Unsurprisingly, she says she’s been asked to do to a ton of weird things including: “I spanked my ass with a spatula” and “I’ve recited Shakespeare while fingering myself.” Fortunately, she views those moments as “funny awkward.” Plus, she says she refuses to do things all the time and only does what she feels comfortable with. “